Saturday, September 10, 2005

Good Gods, what a horrible turn of events. This is no longer the america of my birth. I’ve felt that way for some time, but this week has really made it plain for all to see. The Bill Of Rights, if not dead, is on life support.

Let’s have a look-see, shall we?

1st Amendment- McCain-Feingold took a big chunk out of it, now New Orleans officials are confiscating cameras from people. Oh, and freedom of religion is out the window, too. I can’t pray to Odin in class, can I?

2nd Amndment- Be serious. We haven’t really had a second amendment since 1968. And that’s being generous. The machine gun tax started eroding that one way back in grandad’s day.

3rd Amendment_ What’s that, you ask? Why, it’s the one that says the government can’t quarter troops on your property without permission. Hmm, where have all those national guard troops been staying? Well, at least some of them are staying in a church, without permission of the pastor. They couldn’t find him, so they moved in…..

4th Amendment- Please. Need I list the violations of this one? How about New Orleans Police and National Guard troops taking guns from people in their own homes?

5Th Amendment- See the 4th……Also see New London Vs Kelo……..

6th Amendment- Speedy trial? C’mon, get serious. Some folks wait longer for their trial than they spend in prison, nowadays…

7th Amendment- Well, I was involved with a civil suit a couple of years ago. I got no jury. Hel, I didn’t even get a judge, just a county comissioner. So, that one’s gone, too.

8th Amendment- I’d say permanent removal of voting and gun rights for petty “crimes” counts as cruel and unusual.

9th Amendment- “The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.”

I’ll have to think a while, but I’m fairly certain this one’s gone, too.

10th Amendment- “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.” Where in the Constitution does it say the government can control what folks put into their bodies????

Well, there you have it, folks. By the way, the bit I listed about the 4th ? That’s the sort of thing that set off Lexington and Concord so long ago. In New Orleans, it’s time for shooting to start, I’d say….

I really used to think that if gun confiscation started in the US, a lot of cops and troops would refuse. I guess orders are orders for most of them. I wonder if there’ll be much mind changing once the shooting starts? Mind you, I don’t think the shooting of authority figures is a good thing. Far from it. In fact, I think it has the potential to bring on civil war. I’d much rather see the authorities respecting people’s rights. I have friends in law enforcement, and in the military. However, the government isn’t going to back down, and I don’t see certain crazy cajuns giving up their guns, either……..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com